Develop a nationally-competitive, ethnically-diverse touring side whose players will demonstrate that DIVERSITY IS STRENGTH;
Implement a multi-tiered marketing strategy that includes a website (ruckracism.com), social media, and merchandising campaign.
- Updates and news highlighting diversity’s competitive benefits
- Posts highlighting corporate sponsors’ support of diversity
- Video content
- Local media interviews
- Media/supporter event June 29, 2018, in Oakland, CA
- West coast tournament schedule in multiple, large media markets
- Partnerships with responsible, highly visible corporate entities
Partner with youth organizations from cities in tournament locations so they can join the Sharks team and learn what it means to #ruckracism. The vision is to give participating youth, the rugby community, and the world undeniable evidence of diversity’s benefits.
- Participating youth will receive a Sharks T-shirt and help the team succeed on the field through working as hydration and support
- Participating youth will interview players about their experiences with racism
- Create a repository of “stories” shared by Sharks supporters
Expand the Willamette Valley Sharks invitation side to include a Lady Sharks team with the goal of expanding our support of diversity in support;
Create a coaching academy to share resources on diversity and general coaching topics.
Expand the Sharks invitation to include Middle and Highschool teams for both genders;
Establish franchise teams nationwide;
Create a player academy.